activemq-users mailing list archives

From Lachezar Dobrev <l.dob...@gmail.com>
Subject Reliable, persistent, scheduled or delayed queue processing in cluster
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 12:08:01 GMT
  Hello users,

  For a project I'm currently working on we decided to use a cluster of
application instances with embedded Artemis services connected via explicit
tunnels.
  A requirement for the application functions expects us to be able to
handle certain events (from user interface layer), and in response
schedule/delay a task to be executed on any node in the cluster. The task
is supposed to be reliable even if the node that emits the task goes down.
Also if all nodes go down and then any of them gets brought up again, then
tasks that were missed should be executed. It's also a strict expectation,
that a task will only be executed once on any node, and not on more than
one concurrently.

  An ability to 'cancel' pending tasks would be very useful, although this
can be performed in the task itself.

  For the time being the Artemis service is used using JMS interfaces only.

  Is such use case solvable using Artemis?

  Lachezar