activemq-users mailing list archives

From Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>
Subject Re: Daily Message Count - HELP
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 16:13:01 GMT
The configuration you’ve got below will enable the statistics plugin - that’s step one.

Step two is to setup some process that periodically triggers the statistics plugin.  The Statistics
plugin will then put the acquired statistics on the JMS destination specified by the requester.
 This is pretty easy to do with a camel route embedded in the ActiveMQ broker, but it can
run anywhere.

Finally, you need something to read the statistics from the JMS destinations and do whatever
you want with them - I send them to Splunk using the camel-splunk component.

> On Feb 24, 2016, at 6:17 AM, gmelasecca <gregory.melasecca@genesishcc.com> wrote:
>
> Hqstevenson - I am not a java coder of any sort and really just starting out. So first
thanks for the article but im still unclear as to what I need to do. I have splunk installed
as a forwarder on the ActiveMQ server, which feeds the kahadb and activemq.log files to my
indexers and search head. I installed the JMS plug-in for splunk also but im getting JNDI
connection errors.

> That being said from your example, you are saying that I need to edit my activemq.xml
and add the below configuration string within <broker>, than restart ActiveMQ? DO I
need to implement code, classes etc?

<http://activemq.apache.org/statisticsplugin.html> <http://activemq.apache.org/statisticsplugin.html
<http://activemq.apache.org/statisticsplugin.html>> )

> We have a small camel route that runs on a timer, grabs the statistics from the plugin
and stores them in Splunk.

>> On Feb 23, 2016, at 3:33 PM, gmelasecca <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4708203&i=0>>
wrote:

>> Evening - I am new to ActiveMQ and my current company is using the
>> application for a large set of applications/messages. We are working to
>> determine how to find the Daily or Hourly amount of messages the entire
>> application consumes or if possible what each queue consumes on a
>> daily/hourly basis. I know the home page offers me Store, Memory, Temp usage
>> but this doesn't help us tune our application to the specified needs.
>>
>> It seems every couple of days we are having to delete or purge many queues
>> because we are reaching our store limit of "10gb". below is what our limits
>> are set at utilizing the messagebroker.properties. I am looking into adding
>> the "producerFlowControl=" feature for the max consumed queues.
>>
>> system.memory.limit        = 3072mb
>> system.storage.limit   = 10gb
>> system.temp.limit          = 10gb
>> producer.memory.limit      = 200mb
>>

>> --
>

> ________________________________
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Daily-Message-Count-HELP-tp4708157p4708203.html
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Daily-Message-Count-HELP-tp4708157p4708203.html>
> NAML<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml
<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>>
> This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named
addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or
disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.