activemq-users mailing list archives

From "yang.yang.zz" <yang.yang...@outlook.com>
Subject Configuration Questions
Date Mon, 29 Feb 2016 20:18:18 GMT
Hi:

I have several configuration questions based on the following topology

Here's our *topology*:

                  Consumer0

                    broker0

          /            |              \
         /      (network)          \
        /              |                 \
  broker1        broker2      ...   broker17
       |               |                      |
  producer1     producer2   ...  producer17

And configuration as below:

*broker0:*

        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"/>
        </transportConnectors>

*broker1-17:*

       <networkConnectors>
                  <networkConnector name="broker0"
uri="static:(tcp://broker0:61616)" duplex="true" />
        </networkConnectors>
      <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire"
uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616?maximumConnections=100&amp;wireFormat.maxFrameSize=104857600"/>
        </transportConnectors>

Questions:

1)  This is a server-clients topology, is this the right way to configure
the network connections?

2)  For the "Queue" menu under broker0's admin web console, I can see the
Queues from all the client side brokers (broker1-broker17). I makes sense as
these Queues as the communication channel between server and each clients.
However, at each client side admin web console, I can see the sibling's
Queues, say at broker1 I can see Queues from broker2, broker3 ... which
doesn't seem to make sense to me. As broker1 will never communicate with its
siblings. Is this something expected? or just a configuration mistake?

3) For the "Network" menu under broker0's admin web console, I cannot see
any "Network Bridges". And from the each client side (broker1-17), I can see
there's a "Network Bridges" connect to broker0. This is different from
ActiveMQ 5.5.1. In 5.5.1, for the same topology and configuration, from
broker0, I can see a list of network bridges from all the clients, which is
very convenient because I can see the number of messages from each clients.
I noticed this behavior is changed in 5.11.1. Can I know why is this
changed. Or is this just another configuration mistake?

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice here!

Regards,
-Yang