activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: Mix static and dynamic queues reasonable?
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2016 06:56:44 GMT
That's too little information to judge really.

4,000 queues is a lot, but ActiveMQ can be tuned to handle that many well.
As for "static" vs "dynamic", I'm not sure what that means.  If it means
that the queue names may change for "dynamic" and not change for "static",
then there are many considerations there.  Certainly, I would say that using
fixed-named queues for the large 4,000 count is a good thing.

Using varying queue names over time is alright as long as it doesn't happen
too rapidly.  Queue creation and cleanup is not light-weight.  For example,
an application creating queues at a rate of, say, 100 per minute would
really worry me - in terms of the overhead it creates.  Such a pattern would
also make maintaining the broker tough (it would be hard to even get a clear
view of the list of queues in existence at any point in time).

Let me stop making assumptions here.

Hope this helps.