activemq-users mailing list archives

From sburczymucha <sburczymuchate...@gmail.com>
Subject Destination wildcards or consumer selectors – advice needed
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 20:14:51 GMT
Hello,

I'm seeking advice on the preferred way to solve following problem:

I have “n” consumers which needs to subscribe to a non-durable topic(?),
from that topic each consumer needs to receive “global” messages (messages
for all clients) and messages for that specific consumer.

I was thinking about:

a)	Message selectors on consumer side, for example “(ClientGUID IS NULL) OR
(ClientGUID = MYOWNCLIENTGUID)”. Messages are sent to topic with either
ClientGUID property set to NULL (this ones goes to all clients) or
ClientGUID property set to a specific client (only that client receives this
message).

b)	Destination wildcards – each consumer will subscribe to Topic and
Topic.ClientGUID, from producer side messages will be sent to either Topic
(which will send message to all clients) or Topic.ClientGUID (which will
send message to specific client).

In each case producer have a knowledge on all available client GUIDs. Number
of messages is very low (in fact, messages are sent when a real user edits a
row in database) but message have a large size (<2MB).

I think that message selectors are easier to implement and are more
“natural”. Is there any potential problem with this approach? What about
message selectors and “page size” problem on broker -does it exists when
used with a non-durable topic?

Thank you,
Best Regards