activemq-users mailing list archives

From spruitt <steve.pru...@hp.com>
Subject RE: basic security tag in bootstrap.xml
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2016 18:49:31 GMT
Ok, I have something really wrong with my setup.  I copied all the server0/etc files to my
installed broker.  Started the broker and then executed mvn -PnoServer verify and got this.

Default user cannot get a connection. Details: AMQ119031: Unable to validate user
User bill failed to connect. Details: AMQ119031: Unable to validate user
[ERROR]
        at org.apache.activemq.artemis.maven.ArtemisClientPlugin.doExecute(ArtemisClientPlugin.java:61)
        at org.apache.activemq.artemis.maven.ArtemisAbstractPlugin.execute(ArtemisAbstractPlugin.java:75)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:106)
:

This runs ok:   mvn verify

I copy the server0/etc folder to my installed broker and run mvn -PnoServer verify, start
the broker service, and I get unable to validate user???

From: Justin Bertram-2 [via ActiveMQ] [mailto:ml-node+s2283324n4706170h74@n4.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 12:30 PM
To: Pruitt, Byron S
Subject: Re: basic security tag in bootstrap.xml

Looking at your etc.zip...

Your bootstrap.xml looks fine.  The jaas-security domain is "activemq" (which is defined in
login.config).

Your login.config looks fine.  It's using the default configuration.

However, your artemis-users.properties and artemis-roles.properties don't contain the users/roles
that the example expects to be there.  That's why you get an authentication failure for the
user "bill" when you run the example against your broker (e.g. using 'mvn -PnoServer verify').

Also, your broker.xml doesn't have the security-setting configuration that the example expects
so even if you added the right users and roles to the properties files you'd still get failures
when running the example against your broker.

You can take a look at each of these files from the example (i.e. artemis-users.properties,
artemis-roles.properties, and broker.xml) to see what you need to change in your configuration
to run the example successfully against your broker.

Just to be clear, the output you shared console2.txt is what I would expect from .  It looks
to me like everything is working properly given the circumstances.

Justin