activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Network of brokers - Duplex or not?
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 13:44:03 GMT
Non-duplex connections can allow you to use the same config file for both
brokers (if everything else about their configuration is the same), whereas
with a duplex connection you have to either have two config files or you
get two duplex connections.

Having a separate connection in each direction also allows you to control
which destinations and messages are forwarded across the connection, using
the included/excluded destination filters and the *TTL settings, which lets
you allow certain messages to pass in one direction but not the other.

Tim