activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Dunphy <bluethu...@gmail.com>
Subject backing up message queues
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 21:36:15 GMT
Hey guys,

 I need to find out if if it's necessary to enable message persistence in
order to backup RabbitMQ message queues. I believe it is, but I would like
some confirmation on that.

The reason I ask is that we are using RabbitMQ within a PaaS system known
as Pivotal Cloud Foundry. We'd like to backup our rabbitMQ nodes at the
vmware level. But PCF does not have the ability to enable message
persistence in it's rabbitMQ service.

So if that's the case where message persistance would need to be on, the
only solution would probably be to replicate to a RabbitMQ cluster that
sits outside of PCF via shovel or federation, and enable message
persistence in the external cluster. Then we could backup that cluster.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!!
Tim

--