activemq-users mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <ra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Consumer throttling
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:56:00 GMT
Just one remark. This could be dangerous as it could lead to an
ever-growing backlog of messages in AMQ. I suppose you have already
considered it, and either the producers are slower than the consumers, or
you have multiple competing consumers, or there is a period in the day
where the producers stop producing to give the consumers time to consume
the existing backlog or something.

If you implement this, I would reduce the prefect buffer to 1 if you have
multiple competing consumers to achieve decent distribution and avoid
starvation.

Raúl.