activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Issue with MessageConsumer and MessageSelector
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:24:37 GMT
Please define concretely "Acking happens as needed."  I strongly suspect
based on what you've written that you're wrong and acking is in fact not
happening as it needs to.

Do you understand how round-robin dispatch works for a queue with your two
consumers?  Do you understand what a consumer's prefetch buffer is and why
you won't see messages on the web console if they're dispatched but
unconsumed?  Do you understand what happens to messages in a consumer's
prefetch buffer if you don't ack a message in CLIENT_ACK mode?

Based on what you've described, I think your entire paradigm is broken and
you should have two separate queues, with your translator consuming on A
and publishing to B.

And I disagree with the first line of your original post: you do not have a
simple setup.  It's not the world's most complicated, but it's not simple.

Tim