activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Basmajian, Raffi" <rbasmaj...@ofiglobal.com>
Subject RE: NoB and Load Balancing
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 00:19:48 GMT
Show the client-side configuration you're using.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rallavagu [mailto:rallavagu@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 09, 2015 7:04 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: NoB and Load Balancing [ EXTERNAL ]

ActiveMQ 5.12.1

Setup Network of Brokers between two clusters of Master/Slave brokers.
With reference to following links,

http://bsnyderblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-features-in-activemq-54-automatic.html
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html

Configured "updateClusterClients" and "rebalanceClusterClients" to achieve load balancing.
Used a test case as below.

1. connect client 1 to cluster 1
2. connect client 2 to cluster 2
3. shutdown cluster 1. Now, client 1 is automatically connected to cluster 2.
4. started cluster 1 back.

Was expecting client 1 to re-connect to cluster 1 and balance the load.
But, I do not see that happening. Is this the right expectation? Also, I have noticed that
some times if two clients are connecting to one of the clusters, they are automatically re-connected
to other cluster which is a desirable behavior. Essentially, Wondering if I can rely one those
configuration parameters for load balancing. Thanks.

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or confidential
and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention
or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's
designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds
may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the content of all email
communications.