activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rallavagu <rallav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NoB and Load Balancing
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 02:31:21 GMT
If you are referring "priorityBackup=true" then I have only one URL with
master/slave and NoB and expect the "updateClusterClients" to work. One
more item that I have noticed is that, when two clients are connected to
one of the clusters, when the third client is attempting to connect to
the same cluster, it is actually forwarded to connect to other cluster
(which has no clients at that time).

On 12/9/15 6:21 PM, Basmajian, Raffi wrote:
> I don't believe client failback would work with those settings alone,
> Read section titled "More information" here
> http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html

-Dtopic=false -Dsubject=foo.bar

> On 12/9/15 4:19 PM, Basmajian, Raffi wrote:
>> Show the client-side configuration you're using.

Used a test case as below.

>> 1. connect client 1 to cluster 1
>> 2. connect client 2 to cluster 2
>> 3. shutdown cluster 1. Now, client 1 is automatically connected to cluster 2.
>> 4. started cluster 1 back.
>>
>> Was expecting client 1 to re-connect to cluster 1 and balance the load.
>> But, I do not see that happening. Is this the right expectation? Also, I have noticed
that some times if two clients are connecting to one of the clusters, they are automatically
re-connected to other cluster which is a desirable behavior. Essentially, Wondering if I can
rely one those configuration parameters for load balancing. Thanks.

>> This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged
and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed.
Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient
or the intended recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient or their designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete
all copies. OppenheimerFunds may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose
the content of all email communications.