activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rallavagu <rallav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NoB and Load Balancing
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 01:39:36 GMT
I am using the example that are shipped with ActiveMQ. Here is the example,

/opt/activemq/apache-ant-1.9.6/bin/ant consumer
-Durl=failover:'(tcp://activemq2.localtest.net:61616)' -Dtopic=false
-Dsubject=foo.bar

On 12/9/15 4:19 PM, Basmajian, Raffi wrote:
> Show the client-side configuration you're using.

Used a test case as below.

> 1. connect client 1 to cluster 1
> 2. connect client 2 to cluster 2
> 3. shutdown cluster 1. Now, client 1 is automatically connected to cluster 2.
> 4. started cluster 1 back.
>
> Was expecting client 1 to re-connect to cluster 1 and balance the load.
> But, I do not see that happening. Is this the right expectation? Also, I have noticed
that some times if two clients are connecting to one of the clusters, they are automatically
re-connected to other cluster which is a desirable behavior. Essentially, Wondering if I can
rely one those configuration parameters for load balancing. Thanks.

> This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary, privileged and/or
confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. Any use,
copying, retention or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient or the intended
recipient's designees is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their
designee, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies. OppenheimerFunds
may, at its sole discretion, monitor, review, retain and/or disclose the content of all email
communications.