activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rallavagu <rallav...@gmail.com>
Subject 5.12.1 Master/Slave behavior
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 18:57:05 GMT
All,

I have setup a Master/Slave cluster on a single machine by creating two
broker instances on the same machine (ActiveMQ 5.12.1) with shared
kahadb. During the process of setup, I have setup different ports (61616
and 61626) for brokers.

However, when the second broker is started it would detect the lock on
kahadb and goes into "slave" mode with following log message.

INFO  | Database /opt/activemq/data/kahadb/lock is locked by another
server. This broker is now in slave mode waiting a lock to be acquired |
org.apache.activemq.store.SharedFileLocker | main

I have also noticed that none of the services are running on the ports
configured for second broker (for example, 61626). However, when the
first broker is stopped/terminated then the slave broker starts
listening on configured ports and serves incoming requests.

Is this the expected behavior that in "slave" mode it will not run the
services? If yes, I am looking to run two brokers on same machine in
master/slave mode to achieve "hot standby" where client need to know
about only one ActiveMQ connection URI (both application clients and NoB
configs). Is there anything I am missing here or potential gotchas?

Thanks