activemq-users mailing list archives

From Rallavagu <rallav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ deployment
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 18:06:13 GMT
Thanks again Johan. As the failover is configured at the client end how
would the configuration for combined deployment look like?

I was thinking on the lines of NOB because the messages are forwarded to
other broker(s) thus achieving failover capabilities in case the
original broker is failed the duplicate messages are available on second
(other) broker(s). Am I off in my assumption?

On 12/1/15 9:35 AM, Johan Edstrom wrote:
> You want to combine them, the NOB is for communication but JMS is still store and forward,
i.e if a machine dies, you can have multiple paths, what was in the persistence store of said
machine is still “dead” until the machine is revived, that’s where the Master / Slave(s)
come in. They’ll jump in and start playing that persistence store.

> /je
>
>> On Nov 30, 2015, at 10:57 PM, Rallavagu <rallavagu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Johan.
>>
>> My goal is to achieve high availability (with failover) for producer and consumer
in addition to mitigate a situation of "there is a chance that one broker has producers but
no consumers".

>> As per the documentation, it sounds like NOB is an option which can offer failover
and scalability. I was wondering if Master/Slave is the only option to achieve high availability
but it appears to me that NOB can offer the same. Wanted to check this with folks here in
this list if there is anything I am missing.

>> On 11/30/15 9:28 PM, Johan Edstrom wrote:
>>> What you probably want is a combination of HA and communication.
>>>
>>> HA I.e master and slave(s) (Depending on storage) gives you uptime.
>>> NOB gives you communication paths and as such scalability and for some value
of it versatility.

>>> You can also use the two above and combine that with bridges to build small little
scalable clouds that forward like say enterprise email systems.

>>> You can also go the completely different route and say that in your Enterprise
you only use central brokers for messages between systems of importance, then you use local
broker networks for message patterns, aggregation etc.

>>> There is no one solution here. If you have more specific questions it might be
easier for people here to help as we might have more associations possible?

>>> /je

with fault tolerance deploying with "Networks of brokers" or should I consider "Master/Slave"
in addition to "Networks of brokers". Not sure how the hybrid deploying works. Any comments
would help. Thanks.