activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: HTTP transport
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 18:06:39 GMT
Note that I have personally seen the HTTP transport consuming significant CPU
resources in the past.  Be sure to measure performance and watch CPU
utilization.  IIRC that's because the implementation frequently polls.

I recommend looking to an alternate approach.  One I've implemented with
great results in the past uses websockets to provide long-lived connections
over HTTP-compliant connections that are supported by a large number of
firewalls and proxies, while giving low message delivery latency.