activemq-users mailing list archives

From frankie_hr <franjo.zemu...@2e-systems.com>
Subject Re: Selective consuming of priority messages with message groups
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2015 14:11:05 GMT
Hi All,

Here's an update to the point Three:

> Third, use a JMX viewer such as JConsole to look at the subscriptions on
> that queue.  Find the subscription that isn't working (#1) and see whether
> it's present and whether its selector looks correct.  See whether any
> messages have been dispatched to it.

I did try connecting with the jConsole to the local AMQ broker and indeed
there are two Consumers for the queue: one with the selector
"JMSPriority>=4" and one with "JMSPriority<4". After the messages were
pushed to the queue, the second Consumer shows dispatch, as well as dequeue
count of 2, while the first one shows a 0 for both of the values.

My suspicion is that message groups have something to do with it. It seems
as if a Thread #n was dedicated to process the message 1, and then (because
of the same message group) it wanted to process the message 2 as well, but
it couldn't because the message 2 was supposed to be processed by a
different consumer because of the selector. Once the message 3 arrives (also
having the same group), it was processed by Thread #n, since the consumer
was the same as for message 1.

Does this make any sense? Any comments?

Regards,
Frankie