activemq-users mailing list archives

From jahlborn <jahlb...@gmail.com>
Subject Message browsing hanging
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 15:20:46 GMT
So, we've had issues on and off where it seems like message browsing hangs.
I've managed to reproduce the scenario in my dev setup, but i'm not sure how
to get to the bottom of the problem.  I'm using activemq 5.9.1.  I have a
network with two (embedded) brokers.  i have a queue which has 8 messages on
one broker and 2 messages on the other broker.  i can browse the 8 messages
just fine.  when i try to browse the 2 message (using the Enumeration), i
get the 2 messages and then the Enumeration.hasMoreElements() call hangs
(doesn't return false).   (note, the first message of the two has a
redelivery count of 1).  While i'm testing this, there are no other
consumers of the queue.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what state inside activemq i should
investigate in order to determine why the browser is not correctly
determining that it has found all the messages?

thanks,
-james