activemq-users mailing list archives

From artnaseef <...@artnaseef.com>
Subject Re: JDBC 300K messages stuck in queue, consumers receives messages when manually browsed the queue
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 00:04:37 GMT
Are there messages in the queue that do not match any of the consumer
selectors?  If so, only "MaxPageSize" messages (300 by default) can reach
the head of the queue before dispatching stops.  I believe that number
increases while browsing, hence the reason browsing temporarily aleviates
the problem.

Note that I'm curious why the use of selectors on JMSXGroupID since the
entire purpose of JMSXGroupID is to select an exclusive consumer for a
subset of the queue's messages (the subset that shares the same group ID).

Also note that JMSXGroup's share a similiar issue related to MaxPageSize, if
any one of the consumers is slow.

Finally, note that the backlog of messages with selectors and JMSXGroups,
when messages cannot be dispatched (due to no available, matching consumer),
leads to a significant increase in CPU usage.