activemq-users mailing list archives

From Shine <activ...@club.webhop.org>
Subject Too many failover connections?
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:54:31 GMT
hi,

sometimes a client tries to connect to the ActiveMQ and the connect failed.
I use "failover:(ssl://...)" for an automatic reconnect.
The Client uses the .NET NMS library and it seems that the client does
hundrets of reconnects in a very short time.
lsof -n -P -i | grep 51617 | wc -l      show the connections to the SSL
Connector and the amount of the connections is fast at the limit of 30000.
At the moment there are some clients with that behavior and that kills the
ActiveMQ Service => The ActiveMQ is unreachable.

I use virtual machine with an ActiveMQ (Version 5.11.1) on an ubuntu
(14.04.3 LTS) with 8 CPUs and 24 GB of RAM.
The transport connectors are SSL und Stomp+SSL
 <transportConnector name="ssl"
uri="ssl://0.0.0.0:51617?maximumConnections=30000"/>
 <transportConnector name="stomp+ssl"
uri="stomp+ssl://0.0.0.0:51618?maximumConnections=25000"/>

The client tries to send every minute some Messages to the Broker ...
because of the automatic reconnect the client tries to send all messages
"endless".

How can i protect the ActiveMQ against that kind of "DoS Attack"?

regards
Shine