activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Basmajian, Raffi" <rbasmaj...@ofiglobal.com>
Subject RE: Network of brokers problems
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 14:01:55 GMT
OK, understood.

I haven't used composite queues so I won't be able to assist on this question, though I'm
sure veterans will chime in with their thoughts.

Good luck

-----Original Message-----
From: magnusT [mailto:magnus.thylander@greenhatpeople.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:29 AM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: RE: Network of brokers problems [ EXTERNAL ]

Hi Devlin, and thank you for your reply. I´m sorry if I´m confusing the terminology here.
What we are trying to achieve is exactly what is happening when I send a message to server1
or server2. We want to send one message to ALL other servers automatically (without the client
sending the messaging knowing anything about how many or what other servers are there).

The composite queue is used so that one original message is sent to multiple queues (one for
each server). The "forwarding" is terminology taken straight from activemq.xml where the composite
queue is said to forward a message to multiple other queues. (so essentially "replicating"
the message)

I hope that made things a bit more clear then...