activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Clebert <>
Subject Re: [Artemis] org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive for too (>30000) long: tcp://
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 04:13:28 GMT
I am teaming with Howard gao around failover on open wire protocol manager for Artemis.  So
I don't know how well it would work now with open wire and failover. 

You should see fixes around this over the next week and this week. 

-- Clebert Suconic typing on the iPhone. 

> On Oct 21, 2015, at 00:06, Tim Bain <> wrote:
> I believe the problem with your consumers is that you haven't set
> maxReconnectAttempts=0 on the failover transport, which is necessary when
> using failover within static in a networkConnector because it allows the
> network bridge to detect the connection failure and restore properly.
> Without it, the failover protocol eats the failure and the necessary
> handshaking isn't done.
> None of that relates to your observations that this seemed to work in 5.11
> and seems not to in 5.12, though.  Can you isolate the behavior into a
> small, repeatable scenario that you could attach to a JIRA bug report?
> (Better still, can you demonstrate it in a unit test?)
> Tim
>> On Oct 20, 2015 12:45 PM, "jochenw" <> wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I've got a very similar problem with ActiveMQ 5.12.0 when building a broker
>> network via a SSL connector. I have set
>> networkConnector
>> uri="static:(failover:(ssl://${offboardBroker1}:10017?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0,ssl://${offboardBroker2}:10017?wireFormat.maxInactivityDuration=0)?randomize=true)"
>> ...
>> in the network connector definition. However, after startup an exception
>> ( at
>> is thrown, and
>> the
>> broker on the other side logs that the network connection has been
>> interrupted due to inactivity although the maxInactivityDuration was set to
>> zero, and the monitor should therefore be activated.
>> The connection is re-established, but after that the consumers of my broker
>> cannot be seen on the other side any longer.
>> With ActiveMQ 5.11.1, the setting maxInactivityDuration=0 worked, and the
>> connection is never timed out. Seems to be different in 5.12.0.
>> Of course, I would also be interested if anybody has an idea why my
>> consumers are no longer seen on the broker connected via the network
>> connector after a reconnection. With "normal" network disruption, this
>> works, but after the exception, it doesn't.
>> Best Regards,
>> Jochen
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at

View raw message