activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Persistent messages not moving from embedded broker to remote broker
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2015 12:58:04 GMT
When I Googled for how to set the JMX port of an embedded broker, here's
what I found: broker.getManagementContext().setConnectorPort(9999);

The existence of the advisory topic on the standalone broker isn't in
question; if it didn't get that far, your test where you publish directly
to the standalone broker wouldn't have worked.  The question is whether the
subscription is getting to the producer broker.

And as I was typing that, I figured out what the problem is: your
networkConnectors are using the default networkTtl of 1, which means that
messages can only be forwarded to one additional broker before being
consumed, and your topology requires two forwards.  Set that to 2 and I
think your tests will work.

Tim
Tim Bain wrote
> do you see the standalone broker as a consumer on TopicTest in the
> producer's embedded broker?  You're probably going to want to use JMX to
> answer those questions, not the web console.

how do i configure the embedded brokers to use a different jmx port? the
first process to grab 1099 (the default) wins (which in this case is the
stand alone broker).

the other processes get:

WARN | Failed to start JMX connector Cannot bind to URL
[rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi]: javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException:
jmxrmi [Root exception is java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi]. Will
restart management to re-create JMX connector, trying to remedy this issue.

i have 3 processes running on one host: central router, producer embedded
broker, and subscriber embedded broker

Tim Bain wrote
> While the producer is running, do you see the producer's embedded broker
> as a consumer on the advisory topic for consumers on your topic
> (ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.TopicTest is the name I'd expect)?

to answer your question as best as i can. i am running the central router,
producer, and consumer processes and leaving them running:
1. start the central router
2. start the subscriber
3. start the publisher (which publishes 10 messages)

the activemq web console (showing the central router) shows
"ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.CentralRouterTopicTest" (the topic name
was changed since i added another set of tests). jconsole confirms this.

Here is the producer log:

here is the subscriber log: