activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mihkel Nõges <mihkel.no...@transferwise.com>
Subject Re: [Artemis] Master fails to start up after failback
Date Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:17:50 GMT
Hi Clebert,

No test, just doing it on command line with standalone servers. I'm using
1.1.0 installed with apt-get, not the snapshot.

I'm wondering what should be the suggested procedure for admins to do
changes to HA cluster of 2 or 3 nodes of Artemis. If one of the nodes is
master by configuration, do they need to change it's config before
restarting it to become slave to have seamless change process and make some
instance master by configuration only if all the instances need to be
restarted?

I tried also a cluster with 2 masters and 2 slaves with 2 separate
group-name values, but for some reason the second master I started became
slave for the first immediately. I expected it to become a clustered
load-balancing parallel master. Our loads are not yet that high to require
more than one master, so it's just a theoretical question.

BR!
Mihkel