activemq-users mailing list archives

From <barry.barn...@wellsfargo.com>
Subject RE: Network of Brokers - Putting/Getting from a queue
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 13:02:27 GMT
Have you disabled advisory messages and/or explicitly included/excluded any destinations?
I have added nothing in the activemq.xml file to exclude advisory messages, etc.

 And have you done anything to prevent the broker from auto-creating destinations?
Again, nothing added to the activemq.xml file.  Do I need to add something?  Is there a parm
I need to add for auto-creation?
If I add a queue called TEST on brokerA, it does not appear on brokerB.  Should it?

When both brokers are up and you connect the consumer to broker B, broker B should register
itself as a consumer on broker A.  You can confirm whether this is happening by attaching
a JMX viewer such as JConsole to broker A and navigating to the destinations to confirm that
the destination has been created on A and that B is a consumer on it.
Should I see the same queue name on both Brokers?

Regards,

Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: tbain98@gmail.com [mailto:tbain98@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Tim Bain
Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2015 8:56 AM
To: ActiveMQ Users
Subject: RE: Network of Brokers - Putting/Getting from a queue

Your assumption is correct, networks of brokers allow messages to be forwarded across the
network to be consumed by consumers on brokers other than the one on which the message was
produced.

Have you disabled advisory messages and/or explicitly included/excluded any destinations?
 And have you done anything to prevent the broker from auto-creating destinations?  If so,
please describe what you've done, because that could explain what you're seeing.

When both brokers are up and you connect the consumer to broker B, broker B should register
itself as a consumer on broker A.  You can confirm whether this is happening by attaching
a JMX viewer such as JConsole to broker A and navigating to the destinations to confirm that
the destination has been created on A and that B is a consumer on it.

Tim