activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Basmajian, Raffi" <rbasmaj...@ofiglobal.com>
Subject RE: GC Overhead limit exceeded?
Date Tue, 20 Oct 2015 17:17:30 GMT
Max memory is only 1Gb? Not knowing anything about your use cases or volumes, 1Gb is low, try
increasing to 2Gb, so how far that gets you.

Btw, on Java 8, "PERM" settings related to PermGen memory space are ignored; that space was
removed, replaced with Meta space, use -XX:MaxMetaspaceSize to configure it, but probably
best to leave it default, which I believe is unlimited.

-----Original Message-----
From: barry.barnett@wellsfargo.com [mailto:barry.barnett@wellsfargo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2015 12:29 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: RE: GC Overhead limit exceeded? [ EXTERNAL ]

We are at jdk1.8.0_45.

These are our current mem settings:

export JAVA_MIN_MEM=1024M # Minimum memory for the JVM export JAVA_MAX_MEM=1024M # Maximum
memory for the JVM export JAVA_PERM_MEM=128M # Minimum perm memory for the JVM export JAVA_MAX_PERM_MEM=256M
# Maximum memory for the JVM

Any recommendations on the increase?

Regards,

Barry Barnett
Enterprise Queuing Services | (QS4U) Open Queuing Services Wells Fargo