activemq-users mailing list archives

From rth <robert.huff...@gmail.com>
Subject Connection configuration options: do cms options work in Java?
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 21:09:47 GMT
So this is a little weird. One of my QA colleagues ran out of memory in a
Java client. She was reading the docs and came across  this page
<http://activemq.apache.org/cms/configuring.html>  , which she did not
realize is documentation for ActiveMQ-CPP. Even though this was a Java
client, she added this option to her connection string:

cms.PrefetchPolicy.durableTopicPrefetch=10.

This is the weird part: that seemed to fix her out-of-memory problem on a
Java client.

Does that make any sense at all? Do the ActiveMQ-cpp options really work for
Java clients? Or was this some fluke and the test she's running is not as
deterministic in memory consumption as we think?