activemq-users mailing list archives

From shackman <f.shackelf...@topdesk.com>
Subject Re: Persistent messages not moving from embedded broker to remote broker
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 13:39:59 GMT
Tim Bain wrote
> do you see the standalone broker as a consumer on TopicTest in the
> producer's embedded broker?  You're probably going to want to use JMX to
> answer those questions, not the web console.

how do i configure the embedded brokers to use a different jmx port? the
first process to grab 1099 (the default) wins (which in this case is the
stand alone broker).

the other processes get:

WARN | Failed to start JMX connector Cannot bind to URL
[rmi://localhost:1099/jmxrmi]: javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException:
jmxrmi [Root exception is java.rmi.AlreadyBoundException: jmxrmi]. Will
restart management to re-create JMX connector, trying to remedy this issue.

i have 3 processes running on one host: central router, producer embedded
broker, and subscriber embedded broker

Tim Bain wrote
> While the producer is running, do you see the producer's embedded broker
> as a consumer on the advisory topic for consumers on your topic
> (ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.TopicTest is the name I'd expect)?

to answer your question as best as i can. i am running the central router,
producer, and consumer processes and leaving them running:
1. start the central router
2. start the subscriber
3. start the publisher (which publishes 10 messages)

the activemq web console (showing the central router) shows
"ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.Topic.CentralRouterTopicTest" (the topic name
was changed since i added another set of tests). jconsole confirms this.

Here is the producer log:

here is the subscriber log: