activemq-users mailing list archives

From mhempleman <matthew.hemple...@alstom.com>
Subject Re: Network of Brokers: XAException on Failover
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2015 21:36:34 GMT
Maybe I'm not using the network of brokers in the correct manner.  Should a
network of brokers be used for HA, or just scalability and load balancing?

We are not concerned with the loss of a few messages if one broker fails;
however, we want to make sure there is not a single point of failure in the
system (one broker node), and we want the client to failover seamlessly in
the event of a failure (which is not currently happening... see previous
message).  I looked into master/slave setups, but each seems to have a
single point of failure.  The failure points in the shared filesystem and
shared db configurations are obvious.  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks!