activemq-users mailing list archives

From <Mohan.Radhakrish...@cognizant.com>
Subject RE: Receiver Timeout Pattern
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2015 08:11:26 GMT
I think I meant to ask if this can be mapped to a known EIP. Do we need to identify the timeouts
ourselves ? That wouldn't be easy without a timer. Isn't it ?

Thanks,
Mohan

From: Radhakrishnan, Mohan (Cognizant)
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 8:01 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org
Subject: Receiver Timeout Pattern

Hi,
         Since I am a new JMS developer I may be missing something.
Our pattern is like this. This can happen in any order.

1. Post Message1 to a queue
2. Wait for Reply1 to Message1
3. Timeout if Reply1 is not received.
1. Post Message2 to a queue
2. Wait for Reply2 to Message2
3. Timeout if Reply2 is not received.

The JMSTemplate has a receiver timeout setting. How does this correlate with the correlationID
of the message ?
How do I know which reply is not received and take action(Retry) ?

Thanks,
Mohan
and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or
any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications
sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.