activemq-users mailing list archives

From jamesTheCruncher <ja...@mcruncher.com>
Subject Re: What is the correct way to throttle ActiveMQ producers who send persistent messages in batches to a queue?
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2015 00:44:35 GMT
Hi Tim,

The PFC documentation is very clear that PFC won't kick in for async sends
unless /Producer Window Size/ is configured.

/
Producers that use Async Sends - generally speaking, producers of
non-persistent messages - don't bother waiting for any acknowledgement from
the broker; so, if a memory limit has been exceeded, you will not get
notfied. If you do want to be aware of broker limits being exceeded, you
will need to configure the ProducerWindowSize connection option so that even
async messages are flow controlled per producer.
/

I have tested this with a producer that sends messages asynchronously (but
doesn't use batching) and I can confirm that PFC kicks in only when
/Producer Window Size/ is configured.

But I haven't seen any documentation related to PFC and Batch Send.