activemq-users mailing list archives

From jlindwall <jlindw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Depending on TransportListener for cache consistency
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:19:25 GMT
We will not be using a network of brokers, due to the possibility of
persistent messages getting undelivered after a failover (not sure if
"orphaned" is a better term?) due to this issue:

We are using a shared filesystem master/slave setup.  We are willing to live
with a brief window of staleness inherent in this solution, as you mentioned
below. We could enable synchronous sends on our messages, which I think
would eliminate one message loss case you described. However that starts me
feeling like I'm becoming a dutchboy :)  There are surely other
possibilities of message loss when persistence is disabled.

I appreciate your suggestions to consider distributed caching solutions.