activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Master / Slave Issue
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 20:15:00 GMT
If your master/slave setup uses KahaDB and shared storage, there is a known
possible failure condition where both brokers can become the master if the
slave loses its NFS connection and can no longer maintain control of the
lock.  If you think that might have been your situation (if you discover
you're not actually using pure master/slave and you find out that there
were NFS issues at the time things went bad), there's no current solution
other than restarting the original master broker and hoping that the KahaDB
files didn't get corrupted.  You can see
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-master-slave-topology-issue-BUG-td4695677.html#a4695678
for a description of the issue and some ideas about how it might be
addressed in a future version.

Tim
We have an installed ActiveMQ v5.8 in Master/Slave mode.  I am uncertain as
to what type of Master/Slave at this point but I think it could have been
PURE Master/Slave.  Our issue is that we are no longer running a slave box
because both systems began fighting for control as Master one day.  This
could have been due to the update to v5.8 and PURE no longer being supported
but I am hoping someone can help me better understand so I will know.  At
this time, the slave machine is offline.  I am running Ubuntu 12.04.  Thank
you for the help.