activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Enqueue Messages are not deleted from broker
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2015 20:21:40 GMT
Every message sent to a topic counts as one enqueue, whether it is
eventually delivered to zero, one, or many consumers.  (Each message
delivered to a consumer counts as a dequeue, so you could get zero, one, or
many dequeue counts for each enqueue count; do not assume they'll match for
topics!)  But just because it was enqueued doesn't mean it's still in the
topic; if there are no subscribers, it will be immediately discarded (which
does not count as a dequeue).  You can test this by connecting a
non-durable consumer and seeing if it gets any messages from before it
connected.  It won't.