activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: Transport failed, please helpT_T
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2015 03:56:13 GMT
Assuming that intranet == "stable network without any firewalls,
misconfigurations, or hiccups" sounds like a huge mistake to me, and even
more so when you've posted a question indicating that your logs are full of
messages indicating that you have connection problems.  That's not to say
that there can't be bugs in the ActiveMQ code that could cause this
behavior, but it's far from the only possible cause for what you're
seeing.  And I second what Art said: if your security department will allow
it, you want to use a network sniffer such as WireShark or tcpdump (but
WireShark is generally preferred) to figure out what's going on at a
network level; trying to piece it together from only debug logs is likely
to be difficult.

Also, to clarify: are you saying that for those 20ish clients who start
experiencing connection problems, they experience those connection problems
continually?  Or do they recover after a few failures, only to have other
clients fail later?

One last thing: the version of ActiveMQ you're using is ALWAYS relevant
information, and should be included in any post to this mailing list asking
for help.  How are we supposed to help figure out what's going on (or if
it's a known bug that's been fixed in a later version) if you don't tell us
what version you're using?  For example,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-5241 is fixed in 5.10.1 and
5.11.0, but I have no idea whether you're running a version that has that
fix.

Tim