activemq-users mailing list archives

From Scammell <mark.har...@meridianenergy.co.nz>
Subject Store percent used
Date Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:47:22 GMT
Hello,

I'm using ActiveMQ version 5.10.1.

Since we started using ActiveMQ a few weeks ago, the store percentage for
the broker has been steadily increasing - from 10% at the start of the month
to 29% currently.

In that period, we have processed (sent to queue and subsequently removed)
approximately 5 million records.

We currently hold on to a ever-rotating amount of ~20,000 messages for a
maximum of 7 days, after which we then delete them.

We don't seem to be seeing any slow-down in the increase of store percent
utilised even though the system has reached a point where the amount of
messages we are processing each day is not increasing. Could anyone advise
on a strategy for reducing this figure?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.