activemq-users mailing list archives

From Shilen Patel <shi...@duke.edu>
Subject Performance issues regarding authentication
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:16:56 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm running 5.11.1 and trying to get ActiveMQ to authenticate users against an LDAP via JAAS.
 I'm trying out org.apache.activemq.jaas.LDAPLoginModule but noticing a couple of issues.

First, it doesn't seem to re-use LDAP connections (i.e. pooling) and on top of that, it doesn't
seem to close connections that it creates (until they eventually timeout due to idling).

Second, there's no caching.

So the result that I'm seeing is if I send 100,000 messages (via the REST API in this particular
case) and I authenticate as the same user each time, then that ends up authenticating the
user 100K times against the LDAP using 100K different LDAP connections and without closing
any of the 100K connections.  What am I missing?  Is there a better way to authenticate users
against an LDAP?

Thanks!

- Shilen