activemq-users mailing list archives

From booya1227 <hadfield.christop...@gmail.com>
Subject How to pass data between methods in BrokerFilter?
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 19:54:13 GMT
I have developed a custom BrokerPlugin using BrokerFilter for Security
purposes.
The plugin performs its own custom authentication in the addConnection()
method.
During the authentication we return an authorization parameter(String) that
allows
us to identify which topic(s) a client is allowed to subscribe. In the
addConsumer()
method we determine whether or not a client is allowed to subscribe to a
topic
based on our own search rules using the parameter from the the custom
authentication.
Therefore, I need to be able to stash the authorization parameter from the
custom
authentication in the addConnection() method so it will be there for
addConsumer() method.
I had thought I could stash it in the ConnectionContext class, but
setUserName() method
is protected (not public). I ended up using a HashMap that uses the
ConnectionId as the
key and store the parameter in the map. Is there a better way to solve the
problem than
using a HashMap? And is there a way that I can use the ConnectionContext
class or any
other Class?