activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: JDBC for ActiveMQ-5.11
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 12:49:18 GMT
I believe I've seen someone (I'd guess Tim or Art off the top of my head)
give rough performance comparisons between JDBC, KahaDB, and LevelDB, but
searching my email quickly I couldn't find it.  So I'll just say that the
consensus is that you'll get the best performance from LevelDB, then
KahaDB, and JDBC will have the worst performance.  I can't quantify how
much better the performance is between the different types (though maybe
someone else can or maybe you can find that email I think I remember
seeing), but I've never seen anyone recommend choosing JDBC over KahaDB so
I'd say you're wasting your time by looking into it.
Hi,

We are using ActiveMQ-5.11 with kahadb shared storage. I just want to
understand the aspects of using JDBC for persistence store.
I know that kahadb is the default database for ActiveMQ and JDBC was used
with old versions. Does ActiveMQ gods suggest using JDBC in ActiveMQ ?

Thanks,
Anuj