activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: How to forward a topic using network of brokers
Date Thu, 21 May 2015 14:35:02 GMT
Wait, what?  I thought your configuration was <topic
physicalName="PRICE.STOCK.>"/>; where did virtual topics come from?  Maybe
you should describe exactly what you're actually doing, to avoid any
confusion...

If you configure
<networkConnectors>
    <networkConnector name="linkToBrokerB"
uri="static:(tcp://localhost:61616)">
        <dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
            <queue physicalName=">"/>
            <topic physicalName=">"/>
        </dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
        <excludedDestinations>
            <queue physicalName="Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.>"/>
        </excludedDestinations>
    </networkConnector>
</networkConnectors>
do you get any topic messages bridged?  (Note that you don't want to
forward both Consumer.*.VirtualTopic.> and VirtualTopic.>; see the note at
the bottom of http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html.)

If no messages are getting forwarded, attach JConsole to broker A and look
for a consumer for B in the list of consumers on
VirtualTopic.IS.Event.EventName.  If you see that, it means your network
bridge configuration is OK and something's wrong on broker B; if not, it
means that there's still something going wrong for the network bridge
configuration.  Either way, you'll have a better idea of where to focus.

Tim