activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject “Usage" and other performance improvements by avoiding CopyOnWriteArrayList.
Date Sat, 02 May 2015 22:08:11 GMT
I’ve found 3 places where CopyOnWriteArrayList was being used and causing
significant performance impact O(N^2) when using large numbers of queues.

Could I get feedback on these 3 changes?

https://github.com/spinn3r/activemq/commit/06ebfbf2a4d9201b57069644bdb7eb8274da0714

https://github.com/spinn3r/activemq/commit/13f606d597b826f5a998866e0fe63e63aa278a24

In both of these situations, I think a Set is a better idea than a List.
First, it’s faster.  Second, why would we want to cousin something twice?
That’s the only reason I would think a List would be used instead of a Set.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*