activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Re: Performance degrade issue using ActiveMQ scheduler
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 16:54:32 GMT
> - the fact that the performance degradation was for all ActiveMQ and not
> only for the "scheduled" queue

The *basic* ActiveMQ setup, with no features enabled, is somewhat fast and
non-complicated.

When you start enabling features, like advisories, scheduling, etc. it
becomes more complicated.

I disabled scheduling but I seem to remember that with it enabled that
there was a measurable overhead.

We don’t use it so I disabled it and moved on.  I’m sure this is
*partially* what you’re experiencing.

We implemented our own scheduler using timestamped queues.  We have 30
second buckets which we fill up and they are serviced once their interval
is reached.

You could use a similar approach.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com