activemq-users mailing list archives

From contezero74 <eros.pedr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance degrade issue using ActiveMQ scheduler
Date Mon, 25 May 2015 08:32:25 GMT
Hi Tim,
your suggestion was one of the first tentative we perform: but the result
doesn't change. The problem seems very related to the use of the ActiveMQ
schedule-area with a great amount of messages.

At the moment, we are implementing a work-around based on persistence-queues
and application timers: when the timer is triggered, it connect the
persistence-queue assigned to it to the queue T. In small it seems to work:
now we are cleaning the code and continuing the tests.

Returning to the initial problem: with VisualVM we weren't able to spot-out
the problem: the memory usage and the load distribution among the different
classes is almost the same in the two scenarios.

I hope to have time to return as soon as I can to analyse the root cause of
our problem.

P.S. to be honest I  wondering if it was not only an our misunderstanding of
ActiveMQ capabilities and in fact it wasn't design for a so massive use of
the scheduled-area

cheers,
Eros