activemq-users mailing list archives

From contezero74 <eros.pedr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance degrade issue using ActiveMQ scheduler
Date Fri, 22 May 2015 09:06:32 GMT
Hi Tim,
thank you for your answer and support.

At the moment we moving in two different direction:
- from one side, we are analyzing deeply the issue it self, because we think
that the original architecture is the best choice and we would like to stay
sticky with it... but we know also that this is a long term work;
- on the other side, we need a "quick" (and probably dirty) short term
solution to support our scenario but we minimal impact on the performance...
in fact the solution is already in production but the need to support
scheduled processing is a recently challenge  (at least with this amount of
messages).

>From our current analysis we didn't yet spot out the real bottleneck, CPUs
and memory seem used correctly. It seems to us something like "ok, I'm
ActiveMQ and I have to write a lot into the disk so I have to slow down the
processing of the messages... ok, but slow-down *all* the processing not
only the one related to the scheduling"... I don't know if I express well
the concept... I hope.

In any case I'll maintain this topic updated with all our finding.

cheers,
Eros