activemq-users mailing list archives

From waydena <wayne.ev...@frequentis.com>
Subject Queue Purge not working in 5.8
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 13:08:13 GMT
We are using AMQ 5.8 and we have queues that are created for one time use and
then never used again - over a period of months these stale queues build up
to a large number and clutter the Web GUI making it hard to manage.

I have added the Destination Purge settings to the activemq.xml:

	<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
brokerName="SERVICES-CENTER-BROKER-1" dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/data"
persistent="true" useJmx="true" schedulePeriodForDestinationPurge="10000">

		<destinationPolicy>
			<policyMap>
				<policyEntries>
					<policyEntry queue=">" gcInactiveDestinations="true"
inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="30000"/>
				</policyEntries>
			</policyMap>
		</destinationPolicy>

</broker>

But the "stale" queues with no messages and no consumers are not deleted.

Do I have something wrong? A typo or something? There are no error messages
in the logs (nor messages about the setup of the purge (logging set to
info))

Thanks, Wayne