activemq-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ slave broker opening it's connector
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 12:34:43 GMT
What was in the primary broker's log at the same time?

Were there any indications of problems with NFS or the network?
On Apr 27, 2015 1:51 AM, "khandelwalanuj" <khandelwal.anuj90@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using ActiveMQ-5.11.1.
> Topology : [shared-storage-master-slave ] with kahadb
> Kahadb store location is on NFS.
>
> Yesterday we faced a strange issue where suddenly failover broker opened
> it's transport connector and started accepting connections. Both primary
> and
> failover were serving the clients. Please note that there were not restart.
>
> Details:
> From the logs: Failvoer logs says that it checks each 10 seconds to acquire
> the lock but for that time, it
> didn't check for 3 minutes and then suddenly acquires the lock over kahadb.
> And on the other side primary broker was continuously serving the clients.
> *This is very strange but how both primary and failvoer can serve the
> clients simultaneously ? Is there some bug in kahadb locking procedure?
> *
>
> Failover logs:
> [20150425 *08:02:57*.356 EDT (main)
> org.apache.activemq.store.SharedFileLocker#doStart 58 INFO] - Database
> /local/pod/activemq/kahadb/lock is locked... wait
> ing 10 seconds for the database to be unlocked. Reason:
> java.io.IOException:
> File '/local/pod/activemq/kahadb/lock' could not be locked.
> [20150425* 08:03:07*.359 EDT (main)
> org.apache.activemq.store.SharedFileLocker#doStart 58 INFO] - Database
> /local/pod/activemq/kahadb/lock is locked... wait
> ing 10 seconds for the database to be unlocked. Reason:
> java.io.IOException:
> File '/local/pod/activemq/kahadb/lock' could not be locked.
> [20150425 *08:03:17*.365 EDT (main)
> org.apache.activemq.store.SharedFileLocker#doStart 58 INFO] - Database
> /local/pod/activemq/kahadb/lock is locked... wait
> ing 10 seconds for the database to be unlocked. Reason:
> java.io.IOException:
> File '/local/pod/activemq/kahadb/lock' could not be locked.
> [20150425 *08:06:21*.963 EDT (main)
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase$Metadata#read 168 INFO] -
> KahaDB is version 5
> [20150425 *08:06:21*.983 EDT (main)
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase#recover 603 INFO] -
> Recovering from the journal ...
> [20150425 08:06:22.052 EDT (main)
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase#recover 616 INFO] -
> Recovery replayed 5670 operations from the journal
> in 0.085 seconds.
> [20150425 08:06:25.426 EDT (main)
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase$Metadata#read 168 INFO] -
> KahaDB is version 5
> [20150425 08:06:25.457 EDT (main)
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase#recover 603 INFO] -
> Recovering from the journal ...
> [20150425 08:06:25.458 EDT (main)
> org.apache.activemq.store.kahadb.MessageDatabase#recover 616 INFO] -
> Recovery replayed 33 operations from the journal in
>  0.009 seconds.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Anuj
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-slave-broker-opening-it-s-connector-tp4695677.html
> Sent from the ActiveMQ - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message