activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Unix init script buggy
Date Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:31:25 GMT
I'm having a hard time getting a Debian package of ActiveMQ to upgrade.

It seems that the ActiveMQ init script is told to "stop". JMX is not
configured so this fails, falling back to sending a SIGKILL.

The trouble is that "kill" only ever returns the result of itself and does
not guarantee that the process being killed was successfully terminated.
Irrespective of this, the ActiveMQ init script always returns "1" to the
caller resulting in the package upgrade failing.

It's tempting to return the result of the "kill" command but I'm concerned
it's not the correct solution.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

James