activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject DLQ, cause:null
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 12:08:33 GMT
We have a camel route consuming from ActiveMQ (5.10.0 with KahaDB) and
frequently get a DLQ entry without anything logged through our errorHandler.

The only thing we have to go on is a dlqFailureCause header which says:

java.lang.Throwable: Exceeded redelivery policy limit:RedeliveryPolicy
{destination = null, collisionAvoidanceFactor = 0.15, maximumRedeliveries =
6, maximumRedeliveryDelay = -1, initialRedeliveryDelay = 1000,
useCollisionAvoidance = false, useExponentialBackOff = false,
backOffMultiplier = 5.0, redeliveryDelay = 1000}, cause:null

These are happening apparently at random. The route is marked transacted,
and is backed by Spring Transactions itself backed by Narayana.

Our debugging indicates that our route never receives the message from AMQ
prior to it hitting the DLQ. We have switched on DEBUG logging for
org.apache.activemq but other than being swamped with even more logs we've
observed nothing notable.

Any ideas where to go from here? Impossible to say which of the several
thousand messages per day will go this way so an attached debugger is out
of the question.

Our log4j config fragment:

        <Logger name="com" level="WARN"/>
        <Logger name="org" level="WARN"/>
        <Logger name="org.apache.camel" level="DEBUG"/>
        <Logger name="org.apache.activemq" level="DEBUG"/>
        <Logger name="org.springframework.orm.jpa" level="DEBUG"/>
        <Logger name="org.springframework.transaction" level="DEBUG"/>

Thanks,

James