activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Re: Broker refusing to send messages to only certain queues?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 20:17:50 GMT
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 11:42 AM, Tim Bain <tbain@alumni.duke.edu> wrote:

> Hmm, too bad pulling the obvious threads didn't yield anything.  If you
> start seeing this happen regularly, maybe you could run a few of the
> clients that are likely to hit the problem with the debugging port open so
> you can connect in after the fact and try to figure out what's going on...

I suspect it’s either a bug or some weird edge issue.  I’m working on your
theory that the messages are timing out in the client and not being acted
upon but not going into the DLQ.

> And it's good to know that load by itself isn't the sole cause of the
> problem; it may contribute to hitting some other bug due to a race
> condition or timeout of some sort, but it isn't the sole cause.

I can reproduce it pretty easily now.  I have a large batch job that I run
via messages and that immediately chokes and doesn’t forward messages to
the receivers.  I’m just not sure of the best way to debug it at the moment.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*