activemq-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Burton <bur...@spinn3r.com>
Subject Encourage more users to embed activemq?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 17:50:43 GMT
When we initially deployed activemq we took the normal route of using it
with an init.d and run the daemon like we do apache, cassandra, etc.  Like
a daemon.

However, I found that we lean pretty hard on the actual implementation of
ActiveMQ and need to go above and beyond what ActiveMQ provides.

For example, JMX was too slow for us, so I implemented a basic REST API
that allows us to fetch queue metadata.  We went from 15000ms to 20ms to
fetch all the metadata.

We’re also able to embed other daemons this way such as our own servlets,
metrics, etc.

Seems like it might be a good idea to encourage ActiveMQ users to embed AMQ
in their own application and look at using BrokerService as more of an API
vs a daemon.

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*